Monday, March 10, 2008

From the Archives: Radiant Omaha

A combination of being ill with having the pre-spring muddy mess outside contributed to another review of the archives. As spring is just around the corner I went through the old season shots to see what I should be getting ready to shoot. I almost skipped over this old downtown Omaha file taken from the Gene Leahy Mall from 2006, but decided to give it another view. I had processed a vertical of this same shot about a year and a half ago and it didn't give the scene the sense of grandjuer I had witnessed. A new Photoshop version later and more experience with the tools allowed me to process this image more like the actual scene I witnessed. Yes, the godbeams and clouds were actually brilliantly like this, it was a very calm nice spring stroll through downtown. I only used a polarizer, I didn't even carry my tripod with me. Goes to show what you can capture when you make sure to have your camera with you.

Technical Details:

Canon 20d, 10-22 ef-s lens @11mm, f/11, 1/200 sec., Polarizer
Downtown Omaha (June, 2006)

To view other photographs, order this photograph as a print, or purchase licensing rights, please visit my website at http://www.journeyoflight.com/.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I this image - it's a new approach to a familiar scene. Who would of thought it was a "snapshot"? Very very nice indeed.