Sunday, March 2, 2008

From the Archives: Reaching Out


Of the many great things about digital photography, one of the best is quick review. Quick review when you take the photo to make sure it looks right, quick review when you download your photos, and quick review when you want to go back and look for images. Occasionally, I go back and review photographs from the past. Sometimes, I learn a new technique in Photoshop that I want to try, other times I need a specific type of image, and then again sometimes I'm just in a mood to see what I can do with old photos. Today's image fell into the last category. I have probably passed up this image 20 times in my reviews before I decided to process it finally. The hint of green among the interesting patterns of rocks caught my eye and I wanted to explore this image further. This is the end result. This is also the first non-midwest photograph entry into my blog.

Technical Details:

Canon 5d, 300 f/4l + 1.4 tc, f/11, 1/5 sec.
Alberta, Canada (June, 2007)

To view other photographs, order this photograph as a print, or purchase licensing rights, please visit my website at http://www.journeyoflight.com/.

0 comments: