Friday, October 10, 2008

No More Sleepy Dreaming

After a fairly long absence I decided it was time to update the blog. I have lots of new photos to share that will be coming along. Today's photo was actually taken in the beginning of September at a marsh right outside of Lincoln. This is a perfect example of how landscape photographers (especially in Nebraska) really have to be aware of the weather. I have several websites I check to see how the clouds will be lining up for the evening. Occasionally, I get right and have a spectacular sunset. Sometimes, I am completely wrong and the clouds change direction and the sunset fizzles. For about two months I had been aware of this location and realized it would be a great location for sunset. On this particular evening, the clouds looked like they were going to be right over the marsh with an opening to the west to allow the setting sun to underlight the clouds. It was not disappointing.

Technical Details:

Canon 5d, 17-40 f/4l @ 26mm, f/11, 4 sec., 3-stop singh-ray hard dodged
Frank Shoemaker Marsh, Near Lincoln, Nebraska

0 comments: