Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Make the Cut

It's that time of year again. The time when one day we can have a pretty snowfall with some nice ice patterns, or the next wet, slushy muddy stuff. Right now it's the later and so I turn to the library of previous images to see what I should process or process differently. Some photographers finish processing an image and that's the end. To me, some images have a life and they need to be readdressed and readdressed (and sometimes readdressed) before I am happy with the results. Sometimes, this is due envisaging an existing composition differently while reading about a new Photoshop technique. Sometimes, this is due to a tool change, such as Photoshop CS4 (not yet installed). Sometimes, it's due to a mood change. Perhaps, I am feeling creative, or maybe I'm stressed and want to calm myself, or maybe I'm just a little tired and feeling a little outside of reality. Whatever the reason, I find myself coming back to some images. Today's image from the rock cut at Rocky Mountain National Park is one such photograph. I have probably processed this image 3 or 4 times (actually a pretty low number compared to others). I think I may finally have it. Then again, tomorrow I may change my mind.

Technical Details:
Canon 5d, 70-200 f/4l @ 100mm, f/13, 1/30 sec.
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado

0 comments: