Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Quiet Watch

I decided that since I had posted a landscape and an intimate nature scene, that it is only fitting that I post a wildlife photograph. About a month ago I went looking for deer with their winter full winter coats. It has been a particularly cold winter in Nebraska and Iowa this winter so I figured they would be especially wooly. This is a mule deer that hangs out at Lake Manawa State Park near Council Bluffs, Iowa. Feed is put out for the deer and several people drive slowly by to see these friendly critters. This was taken on January 20, 2008.

Technical Details:

Canon 5d, 300 f/4l + 1.4 tc, f/5.6, 1/200 sec.
Lake Manawa State Park, Iowa

To view other photographs, order this photograph as a print, or purchase licensing rights, please visit my website at http://www.journeyoflight.com/.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute deer :)